Monday, February 24, 2014

mySpot | Unplanned trip to Legazpi City, Albay

Cagsawa Ruins (during cloudy day)Daraga Church, Daraga Albay
 I've always wanted to see Mayon Volcano as close as possible and get a post-card photo myself, but I didn't think I'd see it sooner than expected.

Two weeks ago, I received an invitation from a friend to go on a trip to Legazpi, Albay and see the whalesharks in Donsol. Without hesitation (but just a few questions) I said Yes!
However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I ended up traveling solo for four days in Legazpi. Haha!
I stayed in Mayon Backpacker's Hostel in Legazpi which saved me a lot of money...

Since I have no plans, I just googled what to do while I'm there. I managed to visit Cagsawa Ruins, Daraga Church, Embarcadero Mall, Sto. Domingo Church (next town from Albay) and a lot more without spending more. I just asked questions. Also, I was able to go to Donsol, Sorsogon just to have lunch. Lols.

While I was there, I went to SmallTalk Restaurant/Cafe and tried one of their famous dishes, Bicol Express Pasta. It's a little bit spicy but it tastes good. 

I also went to the town of Sto. Domingo where you can see the old church and black-sand beaches. 

Although this trip was unplanned, I only spent Php 2000 for the whole trip of 4 days and 3 nights. How awesome is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment