Tuesday, June 12, 2012

mySpot | Bangkok Trip 2012 [part 2] - A Trip to Ayutthaya


One of the highlights on my Bangkok Vacation is going to Ayutthaya, a city in Thailand, somewhere north of Bangkok. This old city also has a lot of historical parks.

Going there was also challenging too since I am not familiar with the place and the language and I only have a printed instruction on how to get there plus GPS on my phone.

There are several ways to get there.. I almost got lost trying one of them but I think this one is the best way to reach Ayutthaya City. From Bangkok, go to the Victory Monument and the station where mini vans are parked... (somewhere north east part if you are holding a map). These mini vans go straight directly to Ayutthaya though it has a few stopovers along the way, don't worry because your destination is the last stop. I paid around 60 Baht.

Then from there, you have a lot of options to choose since the city is quite big. You can ride tuktuk to go to different places, rent bicycles or motorbikes.. and there are some who offer private tours in cars.. (i choose the private tours in cars since i'm only traveling alone.. though it was quite scary at first, i think it's safe...)

After the tour, i asked my tour guide to bring me to the Bus station where I can take the bus going back to Bangkok. Going back to Bangkok is just the same as how you get there...

I only had a few photos in my album because it was sooo hot when i got there.. almost past 12 noon.. So I guess it's better to visit in morning or in afternoon.. :)

1 comment:

  1. This trip is look like a more enjoyable and im sure you had used time in a better manner. Thailand is full of many temples which have their strong history and back ground. It help to attract tourist and show the real picture of Thailand.

    Phangan Hotels

    ReplyDelete