Saturday, March 23, 2013

mySpot | Cebu - Dumaguete - Siaton - Giligaon 2013


My mom and dad has been planning this trip so long ago. Though we had cancelled booked flights to Cagayan De Oro twice already, either due to bad weather, schedule conflicts and financial issues.. but most of the time, it's the bad weather... lols... Anyway, finally, we were able to make it.

We planned this trip to Dumaguete since late last year to visit my father's relatives and siblings in Dumaguete. I really don't know why I booked our flight to Cebu, but then we still found a way to get there.

Our six-days vacation was tiring yet awesome and most of it were spent on road travelling.
We spent 2 days in Cebu before we headed to Dumaguete by Bus. I thought we will be staying in Dumaguete City for a while, but after our 5-hour bus ride (including the ferry transfer), we took another bus going to Siaton, one of the municipalities in Negros Oriental, to visit our aunt and stayed there for a night.

The place was quite quiet and simple and a typical province setting. We stayed on this hostel which I found so creepy that later they told me it was more than 50 years old already and it used to be something else before it was slightly renovated to become a hotel. I didn't get that much sleep fearing I'd be eaten by the bed so as soon as the sun came out, we checked out and went back to my aunt's house.

I know I have to spend time with my relatives but I wouldn't want to miss the chance to check out some of the tourist spots there. We took a 30-minute motorbike ride to the Lake Balanan which is quite nice... and there are some other places too that we checked.

Later that afternoon, we went to Sta. Catalina to visit my father's last remaining aunt. It was really nice meeting our other relatives. I think that was more than an hour ride from the bus getting there from Siaton.

The next day, we went to Giligaon, a town where my father grew up. They told me I've been there when I was four years old but I barely remember anything except some blurred images of the ocean, and a house. We mostly visited our relatives and spent the night there.

The next day, we have to leave to head back to Cebu since our flight to Manila is from there. The bus ride was really tiring but the scenery along the way takes off the stress. I was also able to see the bellfrie in Dumaguete and Siliman University and also the Rizal Boulevard since the bus passed through it.

Our last day in Cebu was spent buying pasalubong and we visited the Shrine of Saint Pedro Calungsod.

I wish I could spend more time visiting more places there if time permits and if i still have credits, but definitely we might go back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment